Melt In Your Mouth Cupcakes
Photography by Dan Engongora
This melt-in-your-mouth kids (and adults too!) delight,is bound to become an all time favorite. Just take your favorite chocolate cake recipe, and follow these simple steps to create this lip smacking treat.
- 18 Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1-2” Cookie Cutter (optional)
- 1 Recipe Cream Filling
- Candy Pearls (available in candy and baking stores)
- 1 - 8 oz Whip Topping
- 4 T Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Food Coloring-Optional
- Place whip topping into the bowl of your mixer.
- Beat until stiff.
- Add in confectioners sugar and vanilla extract . Beat 30 seconds until combined.
- Add in 1-2 drops of food coloring (optional).
- Slice off the top of the cupcake (position knife on an angle to remove extra cake to allow room for lots of cream. However, if you are doing the flower cut out version ,you will need to cut it straight across)
(For best results, cut when frozen.)
For flower version: Using a cookie cutter,cut out center of the cupcake “cover” . Set “covers” aside.
2. Cut off the tip of one corner of a Freezer Ziploc bag. Place a star shaped piping tip in the hole (optional) .Put the cream into the bag. Pipe the cream into the center of the cupcake .
3. Place cupcake “cover “ on top of the cream.
Sprinkle with confectioners sugar (optional). For flower cupcakes-place candy pearl in the center of the cupcake.
This article by EstherO. originally appeared in Mishpacha Magazine.