Hanukkah Donut Bar
Just behind latkes, donuts are a favorite Hanukkah food. Here’s an idea to make this treat not only delicious, but also fun to decorate. This can also be used as an activity at a Hanukkah Party. To begin, you can either make your own donuts using a Mini Doughnut Maker, or purchase unglazed donuts from your local donut shop (you may have to preorder them). Spread out a variety of icings and toppings (see list below for ideas) and let the fun begin! I prefer to put icing and toppings in small bowls and refill as needed,even if you are having a large crowd. This helps contain a potential mess, and also helps to ensure that the children don’t "overdo it"!
Recipe for Donuts (using a donut machine)
Yields: Approximately 24 mini donuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk or juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- Place ingredients in the bowl of your mixer.
- Mix until combined.
- Preheat donut machine for about 5 minutes.
- Spray the cavities lightly with baking spray.
- Pour batter into each cavity-do not overfill.
- Close the machine and bake for about 3 minutes. Donuts should be golden color when ready.
- Repeat until batter is used up.
- Icing (add food coloring or cocoa to make different colors)
- Confectioners sugar
Cookie dip and melted chocolate can be used as well however,you will need to keep remelting them as they harden up.
- Colorful sprinkles
- Confetti sprinkles
- Colored sparkling sugar
- Chocolate,caramel or nougat chips
- Candy pearls
- Chopped nuts
- Toasted shredded coconut
HAVE FUN DECORATING!!!!!!!!
This post contains affiliate links from Amazon, which means I earn a very small commission if you click and make a purchase.