Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ever since I got this recipe from my sister-in-law, some 15 years ago, this has been my go to recipe for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. These cookies are simple to make and freeze beautifully.
White flour can be replaced with whole wheat flour.
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup + 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 cup + 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp water
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1/2 bag chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine all the ingredients, besides for the chocolate chips in the bowl of your mixer and mix well. Add chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets,1 1/2" apart.
- Bake 12-13 minutes. Do not over-bake.
Niki Stern liked this on Facebook.
hmmmm….maybe i will make them too… i have a special visitor for shabbos,…you might know him, zevi
The Power of a Picture is amazing…. I have this exact recipe that i got from esthero herself 3 years ago – this recipe is on the First page of my cookies n cakes section of my recipe book…. I haven’t made them in months…. I made them today! My family thanks Estherodesign for the inspiration to bake today….
Dassi Slater liked this on Facebook.
hi!! gonna try to make these today for after the fast!