Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ever since I got this recipe from my sister-in-law, some 15 years ago, this has been my go to recipe for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. These cookies are simple to make and freeze beautifully.
White flour can be replaced with whole wheat flour.
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup + 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 cup + 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp water
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1/2 bag chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine all the ingredients, besides for the chocolate chips in the bowl of your mixer and mix well. Add chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets,1 1/2" apart.
- Bake 12-13 minutes. Do not over-bake.