Upsherin Scissor Cookies
Few things can compare to the excitement of a three year old as he awaits his Upsherin (at least until he sees the real scissors!) With the big “Upsherin Day” just around the corner, here is a fun and easy idea that will add to this memorable occasion.
- Cookie dough
- Scissor cookie cutter
- Edible silver spray (I used the one by Chefmaster) available at baking supply stores
- Candy melts
- Roll out your cookie dough. Use your scissor cookie cutter to cut out the “scissors”.
- Use a drinking straw to cut a hole in both scissor handles.
- Bake the cookies according to your recipe directions.
- Place cookies on a piece of parchment paper and spray the cookies with the silver spray.
- Melt the candy melts according to the package directions and dip the handles.