Homemade Razzles and a Review and Giveaway of Kids Cooking Made Easy
Gone are the days where teaching your kids to how to cook consists of pointers on how to boil macaroni and making rice crispy treats. Leah Schapira and Victoria Dwek are changing the way our kids cook with their newest cookbook just for kids! I recently got Kids Cooking Made Easy and I think it’s a masterpiece.
Chock full of simple, step by step recipes, cooking tidbits and gorgeous full color photographs, this cookbook will make a kitchen lover out of every little girl (and perhaps some boys as well!)
The recipes range from traditional to kiddie friendly to exotic (try to get your kids to eat the Sugar Snap peas and Edamame!). As Leah writes in the introduction of the book, her mother dealt with her picky eating habits by having her cook her food herself – and it worked. Take up the challenge and have your daughter make some of the recipes here – maybe she’ll yet develop a taste for broccoli!
Recently, I tried the Ice Cream Razzle recipe and it was really delicious!
On the next long, boring winter snow day pull out the ice cream from the back of the freezer and pretend it’s in middle of July!
Here is their easy-to-make recipe:
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1 Tablespoon of milk
- 2 Tablespoons of Caramel Sauce (plus more for the top)
- ½ cup Rice Krispies (plus more for the top)
- 2 Tablespoons of Chocolate chips (plus more for the top)
- 3 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (crushed)
- Place vanilla ice cream into a food processor or blender and let it defrost slightly, 5-10 minutes.
- Blend ice cream for 5 seconds. Add milk, caramel sauce, Rice Krispies, chocolate chips and crushed sandwich cookies. Blend for 2 seconds. Pour into 2 large cups. Freeze for 5-10 minutes.
- Top razzle with more Rice Krispies and chocolate chips. Drizzle with more caramel sauce. Eat right away.
A final note- don’t hand this cookbook over to your children just yet. No matter what level cook you are, you will find yourself sneaking some recipes ideas – the simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions make it a great cookbook for both newlyweds and busy moms.
Artscroll is offering a free copy of their bestselling “Kids Cooking Made Easy” cookbook to two lucky cooks!
Enter by clicking the link below.