Apple Challah Rolls
These adorable apple shaped challah rollls are fun to bake with your little ones and a great addition to your Rosh Hashana table too.
You will need :
- Challah dough
- Thin pretzels
- Cupcake pan, sprayed with Pam
- Leaves -fresh or artificial
- Divide the dough and roll them into balls. To make them even, weigh the dough on a food scale. They should weigh approximately 100 grams.
- Using a pastry brush, brush challah rolls with egg.
- Stick the pretzel in the center of each ball.
- Remove from pans and cool on a cooling rack
- Stick the leaf into the challah
Tip- Using just the egg yolk with a little sugar mixed in will make the challah shinier.
Photography by Hudi Greenberger
This article originally appeared in Family First