I began admiring Ariella Katscher's talent when she started her first business, A Pretty Pretzel in the Five Towns.
Ariella has since moved back to Toronto, her hometown, and opened up an online candy store Thecandycatchers.com, featuring stunning custom candy platters, beautiful creative gifts, and, of course, her famous artisanal pretzels!
Thank you, Ariella, for giving us a step by step guide on how to make these adorable apple pretzels for Rosh Hashanah!
You will need:
Red colored candy melts
Thin Chinese noodles
- Roll out fondant and cut out leaves using plunger cutter. Leave out to dry overnight (do not cover).
- Melt red candy in melts in microwave for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave, stir and repeat until completely melted.
- Using a fork, dip pretzels into melted candy melts making sure pretzel is completely coated. Place on parchment paper and cover completely with red sugar crystals. Leave at room temperature to dry for around 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. Dip half of Chinese noodle into chocolate and put on parchment to dry.
- Once the coated pretzels are dry remove from sugar crystals and place on a new tray so the back of the pretzel is face up.
- Hold noodle at coated end and dip the other side into chocolate. While it’s still wet “glue” it on to the back upper middle part of the pretzel to form a stem. Dip the leaf into melted red chocolate and glue onto back of pretzel. Allow to dry. Enjoy!!
Photos by Hudi Greenberger
This article originally appeared in Family First