Banana Pop Treats
Make these Banana Treat Pops this Tu B'shvat, a healthy and fun treat to make with your children.
You will need:
- Large jar of chunky peanut butter
- 1.5-2 lbs. Semi sweet chocolate melted in a 2lb container (You will probably not need all the chocolate and peanut butter at once but the deep jar and container will make it easier to dip the whole banana pop at once.)
- Bananas cut in half
- Popsicle Sticks
- Cut the bananas in half horizontally.
- Insert popsicle sticks in the middle of the banana halves. Transfer bananas to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and freeze until solid
- Place peanut butter in microwave, 40 second intervals till soft.
- Stick frozen banana pop into the peanut butter, allow excess to drip back into the jar.
- Dip into the chocolate and return it to the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with toppings.
Photography by Hudi Greenberger
This article originally appeared in Family First