DIY Chocolate Dreidels
Chanukah is such a cozy time of year!!
It's a great opportunity for extra family activities. Fewer things bring families together like crafting and baking.
A child's creative activity can help parents learn more about what the child is feeling or thinking. Creativity also fosters growth in children by providing opportunities for trying out new ideas, and new ways of thinking and problem-solving.
These colorful and cheerful Chocolate Dreidel Pops, which really do spin, are sure to be a great Chanukah activity. From melting down the chocolate, molding decorating, spinning and of course eating, the activity is sure to be a big hit!!
You can use any type of chocolate-I added praline paste to give it a richer, truffle taste.
You will need:
- Melted chocolate (I love using a melting pot )
- Praline paste (optional)
- Assorted sprinkles
- Colorful lollipop sticks cut down to approximately 3 inches.
- Pyramid shaped chocolate mold
- Fill mold with chocolate.
- Allow chocolate to settle for a few minutes and then stick the lollipop sticks in the center of the chocolate.
- Add the sprinkles.Try not to move the mold around too much.
- Once chocolate is firm, place the mold in the freezer till completely solid.
- Pop the dreidels out of the molds.
Photos by Hudi Greenberger
This article originally appeared in Family First