Now it’s the challahs “turn” to get into the Chanukah action!!
Following a few simple steps you can create a cutom made dreidel shaped challah.
You will need:
- Cut off the bottom of one of the square pans. Cut off the middle of the opposite side to make room for the dreidel handle.
- Cut the other pan in half to form 2 triangles (you will only use 1 side).
- Cut the 1 lb rectangle in half (you will only use 1 side).
- Attach all the parts to form a dreidel. You may need to bend in some areas to hold together.
- Arrange challah dough in the pan. Add small balls to decorate.
- Brush with eggs and add poppy seeds.
- Place the dreidel on a cookie sheet, if necessary to hold it together.
- Bake as usual.
Photography by Hudi Greenberger
This article originally appeared in Family First