Giant Lollipop Cookies
Fun to give and fun to get, these cheerful and colorful cookie lollipops will bring smiles and sweetness (without sticking to teeth!).
It may take a couple of tries to learn this technique, but once you master it, you’ll get a thrill as you roll each cookie and see the swirl you create. (You can practice with play dough!)
You will need:
Any cookie dough can work for this, but the dough has to be as soft as possible for it to work properly (soft but not sticky). For best results, do not refrigerate the dough.
- Divide the dough into five equal parts. Add a generous amount of food coloring to each part and mix well. Roll each color into four even balls. Each cookie will need one of each color.
- Arrange the balls in a flower shape.
- Squeeze the five balls together gently to form a ball.
- Place the ball in the palm of your left hand. (If you are a lefty in your right hand.) It should like a flower in your hand. Slightly cup you left hand (vise versa for lefties.)Place your other hand on top and roll the ball in a rotating movement between your hands to create a swirl.
You can decide if you like the top of the cookie swirl or the bottom of the cookie swirl better. Flatten slightly if desired.
5. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet, stick the skewer in about half way and bake about 20-25 minutes till the bottom is slightly browned.
6.Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
7. Place cookie in cellophane and tie with ribbon.
Photography by Hudi Greenberger
This article originally appeared in Family First