Magic Shell Ice Cream Balls
These sweet and elegant summer desserts are simple to make and fun to eat. We love the way they look on a serving platter or served with other small confections on plated dessert plates.
Photography by Hudi Greenberger
You will need:
- Sandwich cookies
- Ice cream
- Small ice cream scoop
- Magic Shell Recipe
- Assorted toppings
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop ice cream onto the sandwich cookies.
- Place cookie sheet in freezer until ice cream is hard.
- Dip balls in magic shell and place on parchment paper.
- Working quickly, decorate with toppings.
- 2/3 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat at 30 second intervals until chips are almost melted.
- Stir to combine and allow to cool.
This article originally appeared in Family First.