Yarmulka/Mr. Barber Cupcakes
My Aunt Hannah always used to make these delicious cupcakes (minus the eyes and mustache) which we called “Yarmulka Cupcakes”.
Add some edible eyes and mustaches for an upsherin party for a treat that is not only cute but scrumptious too!!
You will need:
- Chocolate Cupcake
- 1 eight ounce whip topping
- 4 Tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- Edible candy eyes
- Edible candy mustaches
- Gallon size Ziploc Bag
- Star Tip
- Freeze cupcakes till solid.
- Place whip topping in the bowl of your mixer and beat until stiff.
- Add in confectioners' sugar and mix till combined.
- Remove cupcakes from the freezer and slice off the top of the cupcake (position knife on an angle to remove extra cake to allow room for lots of cream).
- Set “yarmulkas” aside.
- Cut off the tip of one corner of a Freezer Ziploc bag. Place a star shaped piping tip in the hole (optional) Put the cream into the bag. Pipe the cream into the center of the cupcake .
- Place cupcake “yarmulka “ on top of the cream.
- Add eyes and mustaches right before serving.
Photography by Hudi Greenberger
This article originally appeared in Family First