Spinning Candy Dreidel
Last year, I had this idea stuck in my mind, I wanted to create a spinning Dreidel at my Chanukah Party.
Though originally I was struggling to come up with an idea, I picked up a house shaped holiday gift box at a local Dollar Tree. After “topping” it off with a 2” party favor cube, I covered the entire “Dreidel” with mylar and then lots of candy. Placing it on top of a display turntable and watching everyone’s faces, I knew this Dreidel spinner was a real winner!!
You will need:
- House Shaped Holiday Gift Box - (also available at the Dollar Tree)
- 2" White Gift Box
- Zaza Candy –available in many colors to match your decor
- Mylar or silver foil
- Glue Gun
- Rotating Display (optional)
- Battery Tea Lights
- Chanukah Coins
- Glue 2” box on to the bottom of the box to look like the dreidel top.
- Cover entire dreidel with mylar or silver foil.
- Glue candy on in neat rows, covering the entire surface of the dreidel besides for one side of the roof. The dreidel will rest on the side without the candy.
- Place dreidel down on the rotating display.
- Enhance the centerpiece with tea lights and Chanukah coins.
Photography by Hudi Greenberger
This article originally appeared in Mishpacha magazine.