Eye Catching Fruit Cups
These gorgeous,delicious and refreshing fruit cups are the perfect dessert for a hot summer day.
For an eye catching presentation at your next party, line them up in rows, each row topped with a different fruit topping..
You can also wrap them in a box and send them as a gift.
This article and recipe originally appeared in the Family First Purim Magazine.
You will need:
- Strawberry mixture
- Chopped fresh mango
- Chopped kiwis
- Pomegranate seeds
- Glass votive holders
Yields approximately 50-60 servings
- 5 lbs frozen strawberries, defrosted
- 5 packages raspberry or strawberry jello
(There is no water added to this recipe.)
- Place strawberries in a pot and blend with a hand blender.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from flame.
- Add jello and stir until thickened.
- Allow to cool.
- Fill votive holders approximately 2/3 of the way to the top with strawberry mixture.
- Refrigerate till cold and firm.
- Add fruit and serve.
TIP- To prepare in advance, freeze votive holders with the strawberry mixture.
When ready to use, allow to defrost and then add the fresh fruit.