The Modern Challah Getup
A homemade challah paired with garlic confit and some sliced meat is a meal unto its own.
Magnificently wrapped, it makes for a regal and delicious mishloach manot package.
You will need:
- Rectangle disposable pan
- 6 balls of challah dough (each approximately 100 grams)
- White fabric
- Plastic test tubes
- Garlic confit
- Seasoned salt (I added onion flakes and parsley flakes)
- Sliced roast beef
1. Spray the baking pan well with cooking spray. Arrange your challah dough in the pan and bake until golden.
2. Fill the test tubes with garlic confit and seasoned salt.
3. Wrap the roast beef in parchment paper.
4. Assemble your mishloach manot, arranging the challah with the roast beef in the white fabric and tying on the greenery and test tubes with twine.
Photography by Hudi Greenberger
This article originally appeared in Family First