Try this smart layered rice casserole where the sautéed vegetables will add a rich flavor to every forkful of your classic rice dish.
You will need:
- 2 1/2 cups white or bismatti rice
- 3 red peppers
- 3 yellow peppers
- 3 green peppers
- 3 orange peppers
- 2 quart glass bowl
- Cook rice according to directions on package.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Dice red, yellow, orange and green peppers.
- Sauté each color pepper separately in oil.
- Take off some of each color pepper and reserve for garnishing the top.
- Place 1 cup of rice in a bowl.Use the back of a cup to press rice down -add red peppers.Repeat process layering rice and peppers until done. Garnish the top. Assemble prior to serving so it remains warm.