Photography by Dan Engongoro
This couscous recipe is a real time saver, as it doesn't require the couscous to be cooked beforehand.
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes chopped
- 1 zuchinni chopped
- 1 lb mushrooms sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 3 TBSP onion soup mix
- 1 clove garlic-crushed
- 1 8.8 ounce package Israeli couscous
- 2 ¼ cups boiling water
- Sautee onion in oil until soft and golden.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and continue sautéing until soft.
- Place vegetables, spices, couscous and boiling water in a 9x13 pan.
- Cover and bake on 350 for 1 hour.
This Article by EstherO. originally appeared in Mishpacha Magazine.