Blueberry Crumb Cake
Photography by Dan Engongoro
This mouthwatering blueberry cake is sure to become a family favorite!
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup shortening
- ¾ cup non dairy creamer
- 1 egg
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (you may use frozen if fresh blueberries are not available)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- ¼ cup margarine- softened
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients for the cake, besides for the blueberries in the bowl of your mixer.
- Mix until well combined.
- Place batter into a 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle blueberries on top of batter.
- Next, mix together crumb topping ingredients.
- Sprinkle crumbs on top of blueberries.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Combine ingredients for glaze.
- Drizzle glaze on the cake when cooled.
TIP: For a healthier version, oil may be substituted for shortening and margarine and soy milk can be substituted for non dairy creamer.
Yields: 16-20 pieces
For more blueberry recipes check out Blueberry Custard Trifle
This Article by EstherO. originally appeared in Mishpacha Magazine.