Granola Mishloach Manot
It’s all in the Bag! Too much nosh on Purim?! (How’s that for a rhetorical question!?) Try this healthy Mishloach Manot as an alternative. This delicious granola mix is sure to be a hit. Presented in this "stay fresh" bag, complimented by a pineapple ring on the bow , for anyone health minded.. you’re good to go!
RECIPE FOR GRANOLA:
- 4 cups oatmeal
- 1 -1/3 cups slivered almonds
- 1-1/4 cups shredded coconut
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ cup maple or pancake syrup
- ½ cup oil.
- ¾ tsp salt
- Mix oatmeal, almonds, coconuts, and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Transfer contents onto lined cookie sheet.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl. Pour over ingredients on cookie sheet.
- Mix well and bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally over the course of the baking time. Cool before bagging.
- 1 Lb. Tin Tie Bags
- 1 yard 7/8" brown grossgrain ribbon
- 1 pineapple ring
- Using a Hole Puncher, punch two holes in the front of the bag.
- Pull the ribbon through the holes and then through the center of the pineapple ring.
- Tie the bow.