Granola Mishloach Manot
It’s all in the Bag! Too much nosh on Purim?! (How’s that for a rhetorical question!?) Try this healthy Mishloach Manot as an alternative. This delicious granola mix is sure to be a hit. Presented in this "stay fresh" bag, complimented by a pineapple ring on the bow , for anyone health minded.. you’re good to go!
RECIPE FOR GRANOLA:
- 4 cups oatmeal
- 1 -1/3 cups slivered almonds
- 1-1/4 cups shredded coconut
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ cup maple or pancake syrup
- ½ cup oil.
- ¾ tsp salt
- Mix oatmeal, almonds, coconuts, and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Transfer contents onto lined cookie sheet.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl. Pour over ingredients on cookie sheet.
- Mix well and bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally over the course of the baking time. Cool before bagging.
- 1 Lb. Tin Tie Bags
- 1 yard 7/8" brown grossgrain ribbon
- 1 pineapple ring
- Using a Hole Puncher, punch two holes in the front of the bag.
- Pull the ribbon through the holes and then through the center of the pineapple ring.
- Tie the bow.
You chose one of my favorite ideas.
I used a 1 lb bag. I just put an Amazon link in the post.
Hi, I would like to make this mishloach manot, I really liked it!
I’m trying to order bags online and wasn’t sure what size to get.
What size did you use?
I’m guessing that you should be able to get enough for about 6.
Simple and beautiful! How many does 1recipe make? Thanks!