I scream, you scream….This has got to be the simplest birthday cake ever! We all know how much everyone loves ice cream cakes, yet we also know how pricey they tend to be. So here’s an idea that is very cost effective, practically effortless, delicious, and most of all, “we’ll all scream” for more! The base of the cake is ice cream sandwiches. You can decorate it as a fun birthday cake using edible spray, piping gel, sprinkles… or as an elegant dessert using caramel topping, nuts, chocolate shavings….
- 9 large ice cream sandwiches (1 ½ packages)
- 16 oz whip
- 4 Tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- Choice of any of the following for decorating:
- Icing comb, pastry bag and tip
- Place whip in the bowl of your mixer. Beat until stiff and then add confectioners’ sugar.
- Place 3 ice cream sandwiches side by side on a cake platter and repeat with another 2 layers.
3. Cream the entire top and sides of the cake with the whip.
4. Run the icing comb across the 4 sides of the cake to add texture and design.
5.Spray the sides of the cake with the edible spray.
6. Prepare pastry bag with tip and fill with remaining whip and pipe all edges of the cake.
7.Use the piping gel to write "Happy Birthday....". Keep frozen till you are ready to serve.