The quiet beauty of winter. The snow so magically falls, the everyday hustle and bustle comes to a slippery halt, the children are busy making snowmen and sledding down the hills, and.... school is closed! With the children home from school (due to a snow storm or mid-winter vacation) here's a winter themed activity that will entertain your children while bringing this beautiful scene indoors (without the wet boots and gloves!).
You will need:
- 4 (Mann brand) chocolate covered wafers
- 2 medium size marshmallows
- Large Oreos and mini Oreos
- 2 candy canes per snowman.
- Melted baking chocolate to be used as the “glue”
- Using your melted chocolate “glue” 4 wafers together to form the base of the sled.
- “Glue” the candy sticks on. (See pic.)
- Allow to dry.
- Use a drop of melted chocolate to “glue” 2 marshmallows together for the snowman.
- Using your edible markers, decorate your snowman
- Create a hat by using a dab of chocolate to connect a mini sandwich cookie to half of a large sandwich cookie.
- Attach the hat to snowman using another dab of melted chocolate.
- Glue the snowman to the sled.