Photography by Hudi Greenberger
This bark is certainly worth the bite! The bark itself is mouthwatering, but take it to the next level by choosing one of the fabulous toppings to fit your color scheme and taste buds!
The better quality chocolate you use, the better the bark will taste.
For the packaging, I decorated kraft boxes with scrapbook paper and ribbons, which comes in a plethora of sweet, pretty and funky styles.
- 2 lbs bittersweet coating chocolate (some baking supplies stores may refer to it as Supra Chocolate)
- 1 lb Premium White Coating Chocolate
- 16 ounces Praline Paste
- 4 cups Rice Crispies
- whole, slivered or sliced almonds
- candied peanuts, honey glazed peanuts, chopped peanuts
- Klick Balls
- crushed mint candies
- semisweet, peanut butter and white chocolate for drizzling
(The thickness of the bark will depend on how thick/thin you spread the chocolate.)
- Place the chocolate and praline paste in a large bowl and melt over a double boiler or in the microwave.(If using a microwave, melt in 30 second-1 minute intervals and mix in between.)
- Pour the rice crispies into the chocolate and mix well.
- Using a metal spatula, spread the chocolate over cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle the toppings over the bark. Drizzle bark with chocolate.
- Freeze bark till solid.
- Remove bark from freezer and crack into pieces. For more even pieces, bring the chocolate to room temperature and cut. This cheese knife is GREAT for cutting the bark.
- 3”x 3”x 2” kraft boxes
- Assortment of scrap booking papers, cut into 2-3/4” squares
- Strong glue, such as e6000.
To connect boxes:
Stand the first box on its side. Place some glue on the other side and place the second box on top of the glue. Repeat to attach the third box. Keeping the boxes on their sides, place a heavy item on the top of the third box until the glue is dry.( I used a 15 ounce can of vegetables as my weight.)
This article by Esther O. originally appeared in Mishpacha Magazine.
This post contains affiliate links from Amazon, which means I earn a very small commission if you click and make a purchase.