Ice Cream Cone Cake
This absolutely adorable cake is perfect for a summer birthday party or for any summer party.
I spent a while deciding how to make this cake. Was it going to be an ice cream cake with real ice cream in the cones, an ice cream cake with frosting in the cones, or a frosted cake with frosting in the cones?
After discussing it with my friend Faigy of Cup of Cake, NJ/ Gelbsteins Bakery, I decided to do a regular cake with frosting. I wanted to enjoy looking at the cake for more than the few minutes it would take to melt.
Faigy offered to make the cake for me and I was thrilled. We discussed decorating it simply so our readers can copy it easily.
You will need:
- Frosted cake (regular or ice scream cake)
- 4 Ice cream cones, 3 of them cut in half.
- Frosting to fill the cones
- Cherry sours
- Pastry bag and a star tip
- Fill the cut cones with frosting and smooth the open side flat. Arrange the cones around the sides of the cake, pressing gently to adhere.
- Take the whole cone and cut off the bottom. Press it into the center of the cake and fill it with frosting.
- Fit a pastry bag with a star tip and decorate the tops of the ice cream cones.
- Place a cherry sour on each cone.
Photography by Hudi Greenberger
This article originally appeared in Family First