Chocolate Cheese Trifles
The chocolate cream cheese nestled between the chocolate cake make these trifles go from delicious to decadent!!
This recipe, presented in these adorable acrylic cubes, originally appeared in a Bat Mitzvah feature I wrote for Family First in January 2018.
The acrylic boxes (which can be filled with just about anything) look gorgeous neatly lined up on our Cupcake Wall !
Yields- 18- 2" square boxes
You will need:
- 2" Clear Square Boxes with lids (I used 6 pack by Simcha Collection)
- 1.75" sqaure labels
- 1 recipe Hershey Chocolate Cake, or your favorite chocolate cake recipe
- Chocolate cream-cheese frosting
- Whip topping frosting
2 ½ cups confectioners' sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa
8 ounces hard cream cheese
4 ounces butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
Place all ingredients in a bowl of an electric mixer and beat together.
Whip Topping Layer
1-8 ounce whip topping
3 Tbsp confectioners' sugar
Place whip in the bowl of an electric mixer.
Beat till firm and add confectioners' sugar.
- Put chocolate cream - cheese frosting in one pastry bag and whipped cream in another.
- Layer cake, chocolate cream - cheese frosting, cake, and whipped cream in the plastic boxes. Cover and add a label.
Click here for more Bat Mitzvah ideas.
Photography by Hudi Greenberger
This article originally appeared in Family First.