Here's a modern twist on the traditional famous Purim hamentashen.
Hamentash fillings don’t have to be limited to jelly. You can fill them with many different types of fillings and decorate them with all kinds of fun, colorful and delicious icings and toppings to create fun and gourmet hamentash.
Check your local baking supply store or supermarket for oven proof fillings or see below for some great products available on Amazon.
You will need:
- your favorite cookie dough
- round cookie cutter
- choice of fillings such as: chocolate, strawberry, lekvar, halva
- melted cookie dip or chocolate
- solid colorful sprinkles, mixed colorful sprinkles ,nut crunch ,lotus crunch, metalic sprinkles, chopped nuts
- Roll out cookie dough and fill with your favorite hamentash fillings.
- Bake and cool the hamentashen.
- Dip and decorate the hamentashen. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Photography by Hudi Greenberger
This article originally appeared in Family First