Donut Har Sinai Cake
I can hardly recall a Shvuos without a Har Sinai Cake.
Up until today, my mother brings a Har Sinai Cake along with her when she comes for Shvuos to be enjoyed by the grandchildren and great grandchildren.
Here is a new and fun twist to create a Har Sinai cake.
You will need:
27-30 mini donuts (I used a mini donut machine)
Flora Craft Dry Fom 7.8” (19.8cm )half ball
Green icing (I added green food coloring to poured fondant)
- Prepare a cake plate with the foam.
- Dip the donuts into the icing.
- Allow to dry.
- Roll out the fondant and cut out flowers using the plunger.
- Attach the donuts to the foam. (I planned to use toothpicks but the icing stuck without them.)
- Decorate empty spaces with extra icing, flowers and pearls.
- Form luchos out of the fondant.
Photography by Hudi Greenberger
This article originally appeared in Family First