Donut Necklaces/Key Chains
Great Chanukah Vacation Activity!!!
Recommended for ages 8+
You will need:
Washers (also available at home improvement stores)
Nail Polish (also available at dollar stores)
Small beads, optional
Directions for making the donuts:
- Cover your work area.
- Using the nail polish, paint the washers. Allow some drying time between layers.
- Apply tiny beads while still wet. (optional)
- Allow to dry completely.
For the necklace:
- Determine the size of your string and make a slip knot through the washer.
- Tie the ends. For a finished look add two pony beads and then knot again.
For the key chain:
- Using a 15” piece of fishing wire, make a slip knot through the washer.
- Take the 2 ends of the string and thread a couple of pony beads on to it.
- Tie the 2 ends of the string on to the key ring tightly.
- Cut off remaining thread
Make sure nail polish is completely dry before wearing.
Photography by Hudi Greenberger
This article originally appeared in Family First