Pistachio Sliced Cookies
Slice-and-bake cookie are so easy to make. No matter you baking skills, these cookies are great even for the most intimidated bakers.
Aside for being simple to make, you can prepare them in ready-to-slice rolls and freeze them for a month or even longer, until you are ready to bake them.
Use this concept to make these delicious pistachio cookies or try it with any of your favorite cookie recipes.
- 1 recipe cookie dough
- 1 cup unsalted pistachios
- melted cookie dip or chocolate
- crushed pistachios for decorating
- Soak pistachios for half hour.
- Place the pistachios in a small bowl and cover with water; set aside for 30 minutes.
- Drain the pistachios well and place them on a paper towel to dry while you assemble the cookie dough.
- Add pistachios to the dough and mix well.
- Divide the dough into two and roll each into a long log, making each log roughly two inches in diameter. Wrap each log in plastic wrap and place in freezer. Once the dough is solid, remove from the freezer and slice into quarter inch slices. If the dough cracks when slicing, allow to thaw a little before continuing to slice.
- Bake on parchment lined cookie sheets 12-13 minutes or until bottom of cookies are slightly brown.
Dip cookies into melted chocolate and decorate with crushed pistachios.
Basic Cookie Dough
- 1.5 sticks margarine
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2.25 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cream the margarine, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour and mix till combined.
- Cool cookies on cooling rack.
Photography by Hudi Greenberger
This article originally appeared in Family First