I always thought hydrangeas look like popcorn, so it is no wonder that this idea popped into my head.
These "hydrangeas" are guaranteed to remain looking fresh throughout yom tov, even without the water!!
You will need:
- Popcorn (You can try colored as well!)
- Plastic Wrap
- Twist ties
- Floral tape
- Plant Sticks
- Artificial leaves (I used Ashland Bush Gerbe from Michaels)
- Cut a piece of plastic wrap, approximately 12” long.
- Place a handful of popcorn in the center of the saran wrap.
- Gather the all the edges up and twist them tightly around the popcorn. Secure with twist tie.
- Attach the popcorn ball to the plant stake using floral tape, stretching the tape as you wrap it around. Stick the leaves at various points along the stick as you wrap the tape around.
Photography by Hudi Greenberger
This article originally appeared in Family First