Stained Glass Pears
In the "pear"suit of the "pear"fect Tu B'shvat treat, you can create these beautiful and colorful stained pears that are fun to make and fun to serve.
Serve them with a scoop of ice cream or on a pretty platter.
Directions for Stained Glass Pears
You will need:
- food coloring
- baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice pears thinly in the length.
- Add food coloring into the sugar and mix well.
- Place the pears on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the pears generously with the colored sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes
- Flip the pears
- Add additional sugar if needed.
- Lower temperature to 200 degrees and bake an additional 40 minutes.
If the pears are very juicy, change the parchment paper and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Let dry completely at room temperature.
Do not store the pears in a close sealed container.
Arrange pears on a platter or use as a garnish.
Photography by Hudi Greenberger
This article originally appeared in Family First