The Sweetest Dreidel Game
Fun ,exciting, creative and interactive activities is really what makes a party.
Here is a really fun Chanukah game to help make your Chanukah memorable!
While the look of this game might remind you of Ker Plunk, the object of the game is actually the opposite!!
The object of the game is to remove the sticks from the basket while dropping the most candy possible.
You will need:
- wire basket
- 1/4" x 12" dowels
- wooden dreidel these have a different color letter on each side, alternately you can use a blank dreidel and color each side a different color
- different size candy, gelt or prizes
Set Up Directions:
- Color the ends of the dowels to coordinate with the colors of the dreidel.
- Begin filling the basket with candy, adding sticks as you go to form a lattice "web” that holds the candy in place. Repeat this step 2-3 times till the candy is done. (I filled the basket about 2/3 of the way.
- Carefully turn the basket over. It is a good idea for two people to do this together so the sticks don’t fall out in the process.
Directions for Playing:
Going around the table, each player spins the dreidel and removes one of the color sticks he/she spun.The player gets to keep any of the candy that fell out during his turn. (No shaking allowed as the basket is lifted.)
Photography by Hudi Greenberger
This article originally appeared in Family First